Closing: January 18th 2021
Posted on December 9, 2020
Head of Progress ‘S’
Operating out of our stunning space in Brighton and with a decade of award-winning work, Progress ‘S’ is The Progress Film Company’s full service, in-house production studio, with a dedicated team of creatives, filmmakers and animators bound by a shared commitment to tell powerful stories, no matter the brief or budget. To find out more about the Studio, head to www.progressfilm.co.uk/about
Alongside our commercial arm (Progress ‘X’), Progress ‘S’ is the backbone of our company and requires a leader to oversee our full-time producers, filmmakers and sales team in order to provide innovative solutions for our long standing and prospective clients. We’re looking for an experienced Producer/Head of Production and Company Leader who is able to shape the future of Progress ‘S’. Truly a people person, you’ll love being a part of the Progress family.
In this role, you’ll be managing the Studio’s ever-expanding production department, implementing and overseeing budgetary and production responses to all briefs, having an up-to-date, intrinsic knowledge of all Progress ‘S’ projects as they develop. Experienced in business strategy, you will also be pitching and winning jobs whilst overseeing the team to take projects from brief to delivery. You will be the voice of authority in the room, ensuring the creative vision is delivered to budget and brief, exceeding client expectations. You will have a passion for building strong, meaningful relationships with agencies, brands and organisations, forging new opportunities for the talented, full time creative teams being developed within the Progress infrastructure.
Working from our Brighton HQ, you’ll be an integral part of the company fabric who will be positioning Progress as an industry leader. You will live and breathe our unique company ethos and be able to communicate this to existing contacts and prospective clients through pitches, meetings, screenings or events. Whether you are from a Production or Agency background, you should now be looking for a long term challenge, the opportunity to build your own team and to execute real change.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with the senior team to strategically shape the future of Progress ‘S’ with a strong focus on new business opportunities.
- Building and nurturing positive relationships with new and existing clients – both agency and direct to client – and using this knowledge to work with the leadership team on business development and strategy, creating budgets and overseeing creative responses to deliver winning pitches and proactive proposals
- Leading by example, continuing to grow and mentor the company’s in-house production department, with involvement in recruitment, interviews and reviews
- Overseeing the financial success of Progress ‘S’, from the production of individual jobs through to monitoring and evaluating whole company costs and profits
- Leading an efficient, well run studio to deliver work on time and on budget and to the exceptional creative standards we have established with our clients over the last 10 years
- Building and establishing effective systems in a constantly shifting landscape, upholding these processes with both in-house and freelance teams
Strongly Desired Skills:
- An authoritative voice with a track record of providing strategic vision and contributing to a company’s growth, creative and financial goals with experience of implementing and managing a sales strategy
- Strong leadership, management, communication and multi-tasking skills, with a knack for constructive feedback and inspiring a team
- A proven record of pitching, winning projects and long term client retention
- At least 8+ years experience in dealing with agencies, direct clients and production companies and at least 3+ years experience in a management or head of department capacity
- Proven experience of varying levels of production, from large-scale APA rated commercials to smaller-scale corporate projects including animation and shoots abroad
- Practical knowledge of financial, legal and regulatory production requirements
- A wide network of contacts including good relationships with clients, freelancers and suppliers
- A keen eye for detail and quality, with inherent good creative taste
- A personable, affable nature with a lack of ego – we create work together, the Progress way
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].