Posted on August 3, 2021
Head of Production, Content
Link to Apply: https://smrtr.io/6fG_z
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds.
We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring Head of Production to run our Content division. For the past 7+ years Mill Direction has been creating inspiring and innovative end to end productions; from traditional TVC’s to theatrical experiential productions, our directorial offering represents an extensive roster of directors who work with a wide range of agency and brand clients.
Reporting to the Managing Director of The Mill London, the Head of Production is a senior management role. They will manage the Mill Direction Production team, oversee all bidding, the smooth running of productions, bidding when needed & the financial health of the department.
The Head of Production will be also be leading the pitch process, alongside our Directors and the pitch team, and act as the main point of contact for the team in the absence of Mill Direction Executive Producers.
- Overseeing live action bids and the bidding process for The Mill Direction team.
- Hands on live action bidding as and when required.
- Manage, develop, train, motivate and support the production team.
- Leading pitches, working closely with in-house and external directors and our pitch team when required.
- Act as a point of contact for the production team, directors and clients as needed.
- Proactively identify and develop new opportunities.
- Work with Executive Producers & Business Operations Manager on staff levels, identifying areas which require growth.
- Ensure that quality standards & good working practices are met on all projects undertaken by the department.
- Have a decisive voice in decisions (with MD, Operations & EPs) on high discount, high risk, investment and/or probono
- projects. This is pivotal to the success of business & will require interaction with operational & creatives heads of department.
- Encourage & implement improved efficiency in production administrative & paperwork processes.
- Develop and maintain new and existing client relationships.
- Monitor the P&L on all production projects
- Monitor the P&L of the department monthly, quarterly & annually.
- Post financial reports
- Maintain contact with the APA and any other industry bodies, including up to date COVID shooting protocols.
- On a regular basis, meet with other Mill departments
- Regularly meet with HoP & EP counterparts across the group to ensure best practice & seamless information & project sharing between studios.
- Maintain & build freelance production contacts – Producers, PMs & PAs – enabling the department to bid at multiple levels of production – TVCs thru to content work.
- Chair regular production meetings
- Annual performance reviews of the production team
- 10+ years of Live Action production experience.
- Extensive creative advertising production company experience at a senior level.
- Excellent communicator able to build a rapport with team, clients and directors.
- Experience of shooting globally & relationships with foreign service companies.
- Good knowledge of freelance crew & suppliers in – UK, continental & US.
- Proactive, well organised and with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with flexibility.
- Knowledge & experience of both client-agency-production company workflows & direct to brand workflows
- Trouble-shooting experience in cases where a senior staff member is required to step in
- Working knowledge of the changing tech in the film world – virtual production / motion capture etc
- Some knowledge of post-production process
- Familiar bidding talent and usage
Please review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying or would like to find out more about our recruitment process, please contact [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist.
At The Mill, we want to work with the best people and we want them to have a great career with us. We will make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond to help people shine and enable them to show us their skills and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the needs of a diverse workforce. We will offer flexible working practices and make relevant workplace adjustments for employees who need them to be at their best.