HEAD OF OPERATIONS: Blink Industries / Blinkink
Salary TBD based on experience.
Blink Industries / Blinkink is an Emmy, BAFTA, Cannes Lions, and D&AD-winning entertainment development studio and production company. We are mixed-media specialists blending live action and animation in innovative ways for TV, film, commercials, music videos, and video games. We have a highly creative culture and a diverse skill-set, with a team capable of producing high-end 2D, stop motion, live-action, CGI, puppets, and post.
– COMMERCIALS: with agencies including Wieden & Kennedy, Mother, Droga5, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, and Johannes Leonardo. Clients include Amazon Music, BBC, Whiskas, Devolver, Spotify, and John Lewis.
– TV (ORIGINAL): Dead End: Paranormal Park (Netflix), Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared (Channel 4, The BFI) which evolved from our YouTube series and received a BAFTA for Production Design, Peter and the Wolf (HBO Max, BBC Studios), The Sunnyridge 3 (Disney+) a homegrown animated comedy series currently in production.
– TV (SERVICE): Headspace: Guide to Sleep/Meditation (Netflix), Love Death & Robots (Netflix/Blur Studios), Dora and the Lost City Of Gold (Paramount/Nickelodeon), The Future Of (Netflix/The Verge/Vox Media)
– MUSIC VIDEOS: with artists including Dua Lipa, Elton John, Iron Maiden, and Gorillaz.
– VIDEO GAMES: We have a slate of original IPs currently pitching to publishers & platforms.
We are looking for a Head Of Operations to oversee the day-to-day smooth running of our studio, internal systems and infrastructure, while helping us to improve our processes and grow our capacity in the longer term.
Our ideal candidate is highly capable, collaborative, and caring. The role requires the ability to be comfortably across the details of multiple projects at different stages, identifying opportunities for sharing resources and talent, and enabling our teams to consistently deliver creatively outstanding work within a nurturing and supportive environment.
We started out in 2005 as a short-form commercial production company and have since grown to encompass two North London sites, 40+ full-time staff, a talent roster of 30+ creatives/writers/directors, and a 130-seat animation studio.
As a creative-led, owner-operated, fully independent company, we are passionate about working with unique talent and telling stories that look and feel like no other. We pride ourselves on the inventive, craft-centric approach that we take to our development slate and productions. The role is London-based and we enjoy a predominantly in-person culture, with everyone in the studio 3-4 days a week.
– Guide the next phase of evolution of our studio into a highly-creative, dynamic profit centre with a diverse output across short-form and long-form.
– Day-to-day resource allocation for pitches/projects across our studio, pitch team, PMs/PAs and freelance artists. Ensuring smooth functioning, creative outcomes, and efficiencies wherever possible.
– Review and adapt ratio of freelance to permanent staff as required. Identify and implement measures to reduce cost and/or add value. Maintain our culture of financial rigour and accountability.
– Oversight of recruitment for studio team/pitch team/PMs&PAs. Maintain our culture of training up the next in line.
– Oversight of our internships/runner/work experience schemes, with a proactive focus on increasing diversity through engagement with external programs & organisations.
– Oversight of day-to-day running of buildings/reception/runners.
– Work with our FD on evolving our studio recharge, internal budgeting & project management systems.
– Work with our Head of Technology with oversight of resource allocation, and periodic investment in IT/hardware/security infrastructure. Ensure appropriate levels of compliance for data security on all pitches/projects.
– Pro-active integration of SPV Long Form productions within the studio, sharing resources and talent wherever possible.
– Approval of internal costs/budgets/schedules/process on pitches/bids.
– Oversight of appropriate contracts/insurance/security/HR on all permanent hires and freelance crew.
– Follow APA and PACT rules and regulation, ensure application of latest rates and adherence to guidelines across all productions.
– Work with our Head of People. Evolving internal company policies and procedures where required.
– Build relationships with external studio partners and suppliers.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions about the role.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER