Posted on December 1, 2020
Head of Music & Talent
My Accomplice is an award winning Production Company based in London, working across Music, Commercial, Documentary and Film. We have strong values, always striving to be inclusive and supportive, each member of the team is integral, valued and encouraged to use their voice – our ability to work together and hustle is key and produces the best results both for our Clients, Directors and each other.
We are on the search for a new Head of Music and Talent to become part of the team, if the below sounds like you, get in touch.
The role has two main focuses. Maintaining existing relationships with commissioners and record labels as well as developing the department’s reach outside of the traditional music video world, finding interesting ways of collaborating with platforms and brands to grow and develop talent.
Day to day running of the music department – pitching, bidding and executive producing on a wide range of productions from music videos, to content and music focused documentaries.
Working closely with the rest of the My Accomplice team, the perfect candidate will be have a strong understanding of the production process whilst also having the ability to think outside of the box when it comes to production plans and New Business opportunities.
Enjoys pulling in the right producers for the right projects, asking the right questions at the right moments – strong leadership and good intuition is key.
They will bring with them existing relationships with labels, brands and directors. Last but by no means least, have a real desire to engage with the creative side of the job, and a sharp eye for new talent and opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading the pitch and budgeting process on all music focused productions
- Executive Producing all music focused productions
- Possibility of producing a wide range of productions, from music videos to music content, short films to long form music documentaries
- Bringing in new projects and clients with specific focus on Music
- Nurturing new talent and building focused strategy for their development
- A pro-active approach to finding and developing new talent
- Representing My Accomplice’s values within the wider industry
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar role within a production company, brand or ad agency.
- Proactive and problem solving mind
- Commitment to creating ground breaking work and developing new and exciting ideas
- Practical knowledge of financial, legal and regulatory production requirements with the APA and IPA.
- The ability to prioritise effectively across a number of projects, managing your time and resources according to each production’s requirements
- Multi-disciplined, international commercial production experience
- Ability to lead and develop the careers of young directors and creative talent
- Comfortable working remotely and independently and can be flexible with your working hours
- Adaptable and friendly, it is important you are able to feel comfortable working as part of the team.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of freelance producers & crew. Comfortable managing productions and managing office production assistants.
Competitive basic salary dependent on experience. My Accomplice is an equal opportunity employer. Email CV’s to [email protected]