Closing: August 24th 2018
Posted on August 6, 2018
Head of Marketing and PR
We are looking for a Head of Marketing and PR at Unit.
You will be working closely with the Managing Director and Executive Producers at a vital time in Unit’s history as we embark on a company move to Berner’s Mews, London W1.
We are looking for someone who has experience within the advertising, production and / or vfx sectors and who is capable of leading by example and bringing change.
- Support the wider business by developing and delivering annual and quarterly marketing plans and associated campaigns to drive acquisition and retention.
- Develop and deliver internal and external marketing activities
- Maintain, protect and develop a clear and consistent identity for the brand
- Continuously build knowledge of the work Unit produce in order to support all marketing activity.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all departments within Unit.
Admin Responsibilities/Daily Duties
- Ensure a weekly / monthly status is maintained for all live Marketing / PR projects including award entries / festivals / events.
- Regular maintenance of files to ensure all work is saved properly.
- Supervise industry body directories by reviewing and updating them every quarter. For example, updating listings on AICP, APA, Shots directory.
- Assist with client requirements such as research for London client gifts, ordering, client database coordination of getting gifts out to clients on time.
- Nurture key relationships with journalists by storing the journalist contact lists, updating new contact details and generating lists of specific journalists.
- Ensure work is featured externally
- Assist with pulling info for PR releases for key projects
- Ensuring alignment both internally and externally of all comms; including awards info, Event info, Internal Initiatives, Partnered Events and long- term Unit strategies
- Collaborate with clients to ensure key credits for all work are sent to press in a timely manner and with adequate information so as to maximise the leverage of both the work, the team and the company.
- Lead on all website curation to ensure the best and latest work is featured and showcased, including supporting the Team Assistant in sourcing the work, writing copy, inserting multiple individual cropped images, plus any links to films on relevant social media channels, whilst also ensuring all shots / video footage is cleared for use by agencies, production companies and all other clients
- Chasing credit forms, generating an archive record, generating an MCR request form for web specs.
- Ensure the strict running, updating and uploading of all social media platforms with relevant London office content, videos, articles, updating and refreshing work
- Lead all content for all social accounts including but not limited to:-
- Blog posts
- Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / VIMEO / YouTube
- Support with social media monitoring / competitor activity for work / projects.
- Lead the submission of award entries (including but not limited to): APA, Cannes, British Arrow Craft, D&ADs, BAFTA, ensuring this is communicated effectively with the rest of the team.
- Ensure full co-ordination of the award event, organising the logistics of tables, food, drinks, tickets and invites in addition to booking cabs.
- Diarise all industry award shows as listed above, from the submission deadlines, extensions and clarifying event details. Once award lists are agreed, generating all material, new films, stills, mood boards and supporting material for all films and copy in accordance with award show criteria and uploading / payment for entries (note all criteria differs from award show to award show.
Sales and New Business
- Support the New Business team by logging and tracking both previous and new data within the database
- Maintenance of all Calendar systems, ensuring that all client data is accurate and up to date
- Supporting travel logistics for showcases, domestic and international trips and providing all new business team members with accurate information prior to travel
- Taking notes / actions within sales calls and group meetings
- Regular review of competitor activity
- Assist in all local client branded events as per Marketing Calendar – including all logistical organisation needed to be present at:-
- Trade festivals
- Creative events
- Award ceremonies
- Contribute to the planning of Unit events such as a quarterly company showcase. This involves collating all relevant work, news, materials, booking in screens, working with the Head of Client Services to arrange food and the IT department for technology.
- Formulate ideas for the organisation of
- Monthly pop ups
- Local initiatives
- Industry collaborations
- Client events
Internal Brand Work & Collateral Management
- Regular counts of collateral within the building and within storage to ensure all elements are available for staff and clients
- Quarterly reports on new collateral available on the market based on what is applicable for the business
- Control and maintenance of the collateral database
- Creation of new and interesting Marketing collateral
- Ensuring collateral is used around the building
- Ensuring collateral is offered to clients
Applications & CVs with covering letter should be sent to Daniel Sapiano at [email protected]
Applications should be received by Friday 24th August 2018