Closing: July 7th 2021
Posted on June 10, 2021
Head of Film & TV
LS Productions is the UK’s largest production service company providing expert local knowledge on commercials, Film and TV, music videos, fashion and sport campaigns. The LS team believe in unlocking the UK’s potential for photo and film projects based out of offices in Edinburgh, Manchester and London.
LS Productions’ reputation, locally and internationally, is built upon their professionalism and sustainable production agenda and is strengthened by a ‘people-first’ attitude. The nationwide team provide UK-based and international clients with world-class production and location knowledge, offering an unrivalled depth of logistical understanding.
Founded in Edinburgh in 2006 by Marie Owen (CEO), the team has filmed the length and breadth of the UK working with a range of brands, production companies, film studios and agencies including: Adidas, Anonymous Content, BMW, Havas, HBO, Netflix, Porsche, Pulse Films, Ralph Lauren, Rogue Films, Stink Films, Somesuch, and Vogue.
Over the past year LS have celebrated international success with a Grammy nomination for work on the Harry Styles music video Adore You, as well as several international film & TV projects most notably the recently released Steven Soderbergh movie Let Them All Talk starring Meryl Streep.
It doesn’t stop here. LS are an ambitious team with an inclusive and positive culture – Be Kind, Do Kind.
HEAD OF FILM & TV
As a Head of Film & TV, you will be responsible for creating a top-class Production offering across LS’ UK offices. You will shape and plan the Film & TV department, be responsible for developing creative projects, budget & manage production service enquiries for Film & TV shoots, build the LS Film & TV network and ensure all productions are delivered on time and on budget. In time you will lead and manage a newly formed Film & TV team.
You will have extensive relationships across the Film & TV network with industry know-how as well as excellent business and financial skills. You will have experience with funding streams and the development processes across factual docs & drama and have working knowledge of Movie Magic software. You will manage your department budget as well as bringing in freelancers to supplement and support full-time staff. You will manage the Production Team’s performance by ensuring adequate training, staff development and performance management when and if needed.
- Develop projects for domestic and international markets
- Find and nurture new talent and ideas for LS’s slate
- Develop and implement a Film & TV Strategy Plan
- Liaise with key funders, broadcasters, and investors
- Negotiate legal matter and rights
- Day-to-day management of department including workflow, enquiries, and live jobs.
- Have responsibility for Movie Magic and Excel budget management & training, invoice logging, invoicing and digital wraps.
- Maintain and nurture client relationships together with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Monitor and maintain high production standards.
- Ensure you are up to date on relevant Health & Safety procedures, insurance guidance, accounting and HR procedures.
- Develop and retain production talent, both in-house and freelance.
- Work on live bids and support production tasks where needed.
- Attend shoots where necessary.
- Contribute to LS Productions’ presence at Film & TV industry events in Manchester, London and across Scotland.
- Assess and maintain all supplier contacts and look for economies with regular suppliers, developing new relationships as we grow.
- Build on the current Film & TV industry network to help develop a robust, future proof Scottish (and Northern England) production industry.
- You will report to the Managing Director/Executive Producer; Sarah Drummond.
- Expert knowledge of Film & TV procedures, especially BECTU rates, tax incentives and health & safety guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Movie Magic software.
- Knowledge of legal procedures.
- Proven track record of leading & winning pitches.
- Well-connected and respected in the Film & TV industry.
- Great organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Capable of leading a team.
- Strong negotiation, budgeting and financial reporting skills.
- Maintain quality standards across the production of all creative work.
- Thorough understanding and experience of the development processes and the ability to seek private and public finding for projects.
- Ability to manage relationships pro-actively within and across teams, internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with good time management.
- Ability to work alone, as well as being part of a wider team.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle stress and react quickly to clients’ demands.
You will work remotely initially with a view to working both remotely and from the LS office in either Edinburgh or Manchester in future.
You will be required to travel to meetings and set where required and expenses will be provided for this.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] by Wednesday 7th July 2021. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The application must contain:
- Cover Letter (two pages maximum) addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with LS Productions.
- CV (three pages maximum).
- Two nominated referees with contact details.
- Salary expectations.
- Where you heard about LS Productions.
- LS Productions is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among their workforce and the crew they engage. It is within their best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. LS’ aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that the Company is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
- Applications will be shortlisted and only candidates who appear to be suitable will be called for interview.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Contract Duration: Part-time or full-time.
- Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience.
- Location: Edinburgh or Manchester.