Closing: August 25th 2018
Posted on July 30, 2018
Head of Engineering
Electric Theatre Collective have a very rare and exciting opportunity to join us as Head of Engineering in our London Office. Although you be be part of a larger team, you will largely be autonomous and enjoy the freedom to manage yourself and the day-to-day technical operations.
You’ll have great experience and track record of leading from the front with new and innovative ideas which will help to keep us at the cutting edge in all technical aspects, as well as being happy rolling up your sleeves and managing the operational demands of the business. You will be a problem solver and apply your experience and logical processes to resolve whatever the week throws at you.
- The role will give you the opportunity to work with older more traditional engineering aspects such as Video, Audio, Colour science, suite design, cabling schedules and diagrams, along with new bleeding edge tech such as Docker, Kubernetes, cloud compute and hybrid infrastructures. You’ll be equally comfortable and excited by both.
- A large part of the job, as you would expect in a VFX environment, is Systems Administration biased and requires expertise in Linux and the usual software packages needed.
- Operational experience and in-depth understanding of networks and network security requirements in a secure environment.
- Working knowledge of NAS environments. (GPFS desirable but not essential.)
- Extensive experience of firewalls, network security hardware and software.
- Knowledge of other relevant security technologies and processes, e.g. encryption and authentication methods/ methodologies.
- Project Management throughout the lifecycle, including requirements capture, analysis, planning, design, implementation and testing.
- Track record of designing and deploying network solutions with working knowledge of network fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, VLANS, Kickstarting etc etc
- Virtualization and Containerisation, and networking thereof.
- Software administration (Autodesk Flame is highly desired)
- Keeping up to date with latest hardware developments and be able to accurately specify builds for projects.
- Hardware maintenance and fault finding.
- Working within some very tight deadlines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Computing/Systems/Engineering subject, you will have knowledge of Linux, OSX and Windows administration
- In-depth experience within a technical management role, working with vendors, understanding budgets and finance and the ability to effectively manage people and follow process
- Working knowledge and experience of post production/VFX processes and services.
- General can-do approach to new responsibilities, task and requests.
- As an experienced mentor you’ll be able to teach/train and support more inexperienced team members enabling them to learn and progress in their careers.
- As well as a technical superstar, you’ll also have a reputation for outstanding interpersonal skills, which will enable you to communicate effectively and impactfully with our production, DevOps and LA engineering team to ensure incredible delivery to our clients.
Applicants please email CV and cover letter to [email protected]