Closing: March 30th 2018
Posted on March 9, 2018
Job Title: Senior Scheduler
Reports To: Head of Production
Purpose of Post: To oversee and manage a busy bookings department, the scheduling of suites, kit, operators, all dub orders and playouts.
To oversee that the Bookings Co-ordinators/PA’s assist with the co-ordination of work correctly, and the scheduling of the technical and creative services personnel responsible for completing it. Manage all of the resources inside the facility, and schedule jobs to control and manage the work flow. They are responsible for client liaison and account handling, and for maintaining regular contact with clients.
Ensure that Bookings Co-ordinator/PA’s understand the application of equipment, the capabilities of the facility’s resources, and the cost effective and practical methods of scheduling work through the facility. They must have a working knowledge of the company’s technology, know how long each job will take, and what skills are available.
Contacts: Production team, clients and internal staff
Day to Day Duties
- Manage the bookings team, ensuring that there are always clear and open lines of communication.
- Manage the organization of transmission copy and dub orders.
- Take general calls – It is essential that all calls to production are answered and that clients feel they are being cared for.
- When clients call with new enquiries and a producer is not available, take the brief ensuring that all relevant details are noted to be passed to the production team. Let the client know who will be helping them and when that will be.
- Assist producers as required, checking with the head of production where their assistance is most required.
- Inform operators of start times.
- Ensure that the time allotted to jobs is the most efficient so that clients do not get turned away due to lack of resources.
- Ensure that reception and all other relevant parties are aware of meetings and bookings
- Respond to work enquiry e-mails.
- Broad knowledge of online facility services, infrastructure and VFX pipelines.
- A proven ability to liaise well with both clients as well as internal staff, maintaining diplomacy.
- Experience in a busy commercial bookings environment.
- A high level of organisational skills negotiation and budgeting skills;
- Precise attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Effective team management skills;
- Basic IT skills;
Prospective applicants should email David Southwood [email protected].