The Mill is a visual effects and content creation studio collaborating on VFX, digital and design projects for the advertising, games and music industries. We partner with the world’s best agencies, groundbreaking directors, creative firms and visionary brands. With over 28 years of insight, we pride ourselves on forming partnerships built on creative excellence and cutting-edge technologies. At its centre, The Mill is a creative culture of talented artists from multinational and homegrown backgrounds, nurturing innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas. This enables us to offer creative solutions across all our studios from London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and India. The Mill is consistently recognised by peers and clients for delivering outstanding work and has earned the most prestigious industry awards, including Cannes Gold Lions, an array of D&AD Pencils, APA’s, British Arrows, AICP’s, CLIOS and VES Statues to name a few.
● Working across the full product lifecycle, from initial fact finding and user story writing through to design, deployment and beyond.
● Working with developers, designers, project managers, and other business stakeholders to develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
● Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and implementing them where appropriate.
● Identifying improvements to existing development practices, systems and infrastructure.
● Supporting, maintaining and upgrading existing applications where needed.
● Responding to support requests / issues.
● 5+ years experience in web development as a mid to senior level engineer.
● Strong understanding of modern web application development, including security,
SPAs, state management, OOP design patterns and SOLID principles.
● Excellent working knowledge of modern PHP 7.x and frameworks such as Symfony,
Zend, Laravel etc
● Database administration using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar
● Worked with build tools e.g. Gulp, Webpack, Grunt, Rollup
● Excellent working knowledge of React, Redux, Vue.js, Angular or similar
● HTML 5, CSS3, Sass / Less
● History of designing and building for multiple platforms, desktop, mobile, tablet
● Version Control e.g. git, svn
● Knowledge of Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, Travis and Continuous
● Experience building REST APIs
Nice to haves:
● Experience working in an Agile environment, Scrum, Kanban
● Experience with Jira
● Kubernetes / Docker / Vagrant
● AWS (Amazon Web Services)
● Video streaming / codecs / transcoding
● Private Healthcare Insurance & Cash plan
● Travel insurance
● Pension benefits
● Cycle to work scheme
● Internal training
● And much more