Closing: October 28th 2019
Posted on October 7, 2019
Freelance Assistant Studio Manager
We are looking for a Freelance Assistant Studio Manager to join our busy studio in Camden.
For this role we require someone who is versatile, multi-skilled, hands-on and can work under pressure. The position is client facing, so the individual must be comfortable dealing with people in a variety of situations at a fast pace. The ideal candidate will also be someone who shows dedication and has an eye for fine details.
Previous senior assistant/studio manager experience and familiarity with film and photographic lighting equipment is a necessity for this role.
- Upkeep and maintenance of the studio (s) exterior and interior and all the spaces and adjacent areas/rooms of the studio, including Service Kitchen, Offices, Storage Rooms and Equipment Stores.
- Liaise with Park Village studio team, caterers, crew and producers to ensure all shoot details are confirmed prior to the shoot.
- Prepare studios for upcoming shoots. Oversee and execute studio turnarounds, cleaning and clearing ancillary spaces and re-stocking studio amenities.
- Technically support clients with lighting assistance, prop sourcing and on-set legislation (risk assessment, health and safety and fire safety)
- Prioritise and manage staff schedule between three busy studio spaces.
- Manage equipment – ensuring it is accounted for and maintained to an extremely high standard.
- Initiate procedures for cleaning schedules, stock checks, quality control, and maintenance.
- Liaise directly with suppliers for ordering and organise collections and deliveries.
- Operate the Front of house desk as and when required – answering phone calls, emails and dealing with booking enquiries.
- Check and implement the opening and lockdown of the building. Maintain a high standard of security of all studio areas at all times.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Excellent presentation, communication and organisational skills.
Computer literate (Photoshop, In design, Word & Excel ..)
Background in Photography or Film making and hospitality.
Ability to carry out minor in-house maintenance.
Working knowledge of a wide range of Health and Safety legislation and production protocol.
Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple studio tasks.
Resourceful and able to cope under pressure.
Willing to perform all general studio jobs. A can-do attitude is a must.
Must be available for weekend work.
Please send C.V’s to [email protected]