Closing: December 22nd 2020
Posted on November 10, 2020
We are an independent post production studio based in East London that specialises in colour. Founded by colourist Toby Tomkins in 2015, we’re best known for our colour expertise across all forms of motion picture.
We are looking for a Flame Artist who is excited and hungry to build and enhance our reputation in the Online and VFX arena and who isn’t afraid of taking ownership of Cheat’s expanding VFX requirements.
Purpose of the Role
- Build, own and enhance Cheat’s reputation as a first class online, mastering and delivery service
- Develop efficient and thorough pipelines between our data/assist department and final online service from prep to delivery and data backup
- Train/guide new assists and producers in VFX pipelines and technical knowledge of compositing
- Help push the creative reputation of Cheat
- Support and guide the production team
- Suggests improvements in processes and equipment to management
- Proven experience in compositing at Commercial level, specifically Flame, Flame Assist, Nuke and Nuke Studio
- Latest knowledge of TV title safety and file specifications for TV broadcast
- Data backup process and file management/organisation
- Basic knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut and Avid, Davinci (not essential)
- Basic Colour Science
- Codecs, Workflows and Post Practises
- To be up to date on latest software and data requirements
- To be up to date and provide guidance to production on new and updated Clearcast terms as well as TVC delivery platforms such as Beam, Peach, IMD and Adstream.
Key Personal Attributes
- A naturally open and positive person who is willing to invest time in people and training.
- A team player with good temperament and people skills who sees value in contributing towards the company culture and working environment
- Pro-active and diligent: being active in seeking improvements in client experience, internal workflows and creative output.
- Willingness to learn and expand as new technologies and techniques arise.
Please email [email protected] with your covering letter and CV.