Posted on June 15, 2018
The Progress Film Company was founded by filmmakers, for filmmakers. Brought together by our passion for making breathtaking content, our award winning studio by the sea is making waves. Our unique company model and amazing variety of clients means that each project feeds the next, allowing us to think big and, most importantly, make films we love.
What we need from you
You are a technically competent self starter who understands how to tell a story. You will shoot and edit, but – more importantly – you’re a filmmaker with ambition. You’ll be comfortable in a range of situations – from leading large crews to guerrilla style solo projects – from corporate and commercial through to independent documentary work, you are obsessed with everything film and ready to exceed expectations at all times, never leaving a project until you’re proud to call it your own. Above all else, you are bursting with creative ideas that you’re desperate to share and put into motion with a team of like minded people, all focused on stunning visual storytelling.
What we need from you
- A stand out showreel of work you have directed and/or shot/edited
- The ability to communicate award winning ideas and get others as excited about them as you are
- Painfully meticulous attention to detail
- An infectious and collaborative positive attitude
- The dogged determination to go above and beyond, working to tight deadlines with the possibility of long hours and weekend work
- An obsession with the latest film trends and technologies
We give you
- The very best filmmaking equipment
- Based at the largest film and photography studio in the heart of Brighton
- Mentoring schemes
- The opportunity to pitch on work for incredible brands
The technical side
We shoot on a range of cameras to achieve our distinct, cinematic look. You’ll need to be experienced working with DSLR kits, right through to large sensor cameras such as the Arri Amira. You don’t need to know the technical details of all of our kit, just know how to create beautiful images. Our studio uses Adobe Creative Cloud for all our post production, including Premiere Pro and After Effects. Again, you are not expected to have years of experience in these programmes, but will show a strong desire to learn as and when you can.
Renumeration based on experience.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, visit progressfilmco.uk and follow via @ProgressFimCo to find out more about us, before sending us your showreel and cover letter to [email protected].uk