Posted on September 27, 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE:
3angrymen make films that matter for clients including the NSPCC, Schroders, Scouts, Leonard Cheshire, Open University and Crisis.
We are looking for a filmmaker – capable of directing and editing – to join our team and help us continue making brilliant films that make a difference for our clients and their audiences. At any one time you will be working across multiple productions (both corporate and creative) in various roles, supporting our producers, creatives and directors.
This is an in-house, junior position, with lots of opportunity to grow your skillset alongside a close-knit team of seasoned professionals. As well as working on current projects in various capacities, you will be able to research and pitch ideas, help write proposals and have a valued voice in our internal crit-sessions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
To succeed in this role you will need to be both creatively driven and disciplined, inventive but practically and commercially minded. We want someone who is keen to collaborate, who shares our values and who wants to be proud of the films they craft every day.
As part of a small team, you will need to be comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning new skills, confident in your taste and unafraid to challenge your teammates to go the extra mile. We need an ambitious team player who will take care to maintain high standards – enthusiastic, considerate, resourceful and resilient at all times.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The candidate must:
- be excited about producing a variety of content, both corporate and creative
- have minimum 2 years relevant professional filmmaking experience
- be a confident filmmaker and creative contributor
- be able to camera operate
- be just as at home on set or in the editing suite
- have excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premier
- have impeccable written and spoken English
Ideally the candidate will also:
- be a keen follower of trends in creative and commercial video
- know how to do basic colour-correction / grading (with DaVinci Resolve)
- have experience of writing and researching director treatments
If you like our work and think you can help us make it even better, are certain that you fit the criteria above and are interested in becoming our new Filmmaker, please apply by sending:
- a copy of your CV & a 1 page Cover Letter (including your salary expectations), both in .pdf format
- a link to a current showreel with a note clearly detailing your involvement on included films/work
Please send these to [email protected] and use the subject line ‘Filmmaker – November 2019’.
Dependent on experience. Please let us know your salary expectations in your application cover letter.
Applications will not be considered unless these stipulations are adhered to.