Closing: July 1st 2021
Posted on May 11, 2021
Executive Producer – VFX
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Executive Producer is a senior role within The Mill. The role has both internal and external responsibilities. Externally, the role is client facing, requiring the EP to identify and win the appropriate work from both existing and new clients. The EP will need to be confident in articulating the Mill message and will need to work with the New Business and marketing team to get the message across. The EP will need to be a strong negotiator with a focus on pitching and winning work in conjunction with Creative Directors.
Internally, the EP will need to be a focal point for their team, providing leadership and vision for both production and creatives. The EP will need to organize and execute a strategic sales plan and communicate that to his/her team members. The EP will provide guidance, advice and mentoring to both Producers and artists and will ensure that the working conditions of the team are in line with The Mill’s vision of an energetic, challenging workplace that provides opportunities to grow and develop in a welcoming, friendly and diverse environment.
The EP will be a source of positivity, inspiration and learning for team members and will uphold the values and reputation of The Mill at all times.
- Highly proactive in the winning of new business
- Development and management of strategic plan to win new business including clients and accounts to be targeted by The Mill and defining client specific strategies to win business Network with agency, production company and editorial clients in order to spot opportunities and liaise with the Head of Production, EPs, Managing Director, COO on future sales strategy
- Research and source new and up and coming directing/creative talent. Keep abreast of our competitors talent and projects and forward plan for quiet periods through a sales and marketing plan
- Monitor the satisfaction of existing clients and ensure that they continue to use The Mill
- Develop and maintain an ‘ear’ to the market and disseminate relevant information to the production team and key staff at The Mill
- Ensure the most effective use of resources and drive the highest end creative work with effective production and delivery of projects to budget and time
- Attend industry events
- Plan and set budgets, manage negotiations and quotations with key clients. As such the EP will be instrumental in delivering increased sales and margin and achieving set targets
- Oversee quotations and sales pitches with clients as necessary with more junior members of production
- Ensure the most effective use of the company’s technical, creative and personnel resources to deliver a successful and profitable outcome on all projects undertaken
- Drive and manage the highest end creative work with effective production and delivery of projects to budget and time
- Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback when required to appropriate personnel
- Ensure that quality standards and good working practices are met on all projects undertaken
- Ensure that we optimise group resources by liaising with other offices to identify and implement work share opportunities, taking responsibility to drive success in these projects
- Manage the Production members of the department
- Weekly and monthly oversight of targets
- Weekly WIP meeting to track progress of projects vs. Bid / Budget
- Create and deliver financial reports for the Management Board as required
- Work to help deliver the correct discount levels and deliver all projects on track
Key Performance Indicators
- The efficient running of their team
- Encouragement and leadership of team in sales and client entertainment
- The effective resolution of most day to day Production issues within the team
- The timely reporting of any relevant issue that the HoP should know about
- Well monitored projects with accurate, well written bids.
- Engaging, well thought out pitches in line with The Mill aesthetic
- Negotiation of overages where appropriate
- An engaged and challenged group of artists doing exciting work
- Attending appropriate award ceremonies
At The Mill, we want to work with the best people and we want them to have a great career with us. We will make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond to help people shine and enable them to show us their skills and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the needs of a diverse workforce. We will offer flexible working practices and make relevant workplace adjustments for employees who need them to be at their best.
To apply please visit our careers website: https://smrtr.io/5Bk57