Back to all jobs
EP/ MD (Maternity Cover)
EP/ MD (Maternity Cover) – Not Just Any
Not Just Any (is the production arm of the Ntropic Group) and has a strong roster of talent, specialising in live action and CG. We are looking for a candidate to join our team on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave for our EP/MD.
- Ideally a period of on-boarding from late March / early April (can be part time).
- Full time cover from May – November.
- November could also be part time as EP/MD returns.
- Office hours 9.30-6pm.
- Although working irregular hours + weekends may be necessary when pitching or delivering on jobs.
- Location – office in Angel – to be in the office approximately 4 x days per week (1 x can be WFH).
Role / Essential
- Maternity cover for current EP / MD of the London office of NJA / Ntropic.
- Must have proven and extensive experience in the commercial production industry.
- Emphasis on EP and Sales – as along with the PA and our external rep, we need someone motivated to reach out for new business (this can be organic using their own contact base)
- Managing the London team, clients and operations of NJA London while the current EP/MD is off.
- Managing and overseeing the production team to enable smooth running of the jobs – with the agency / client relationships and directors.
- Overseeing that projects comes in on time and on budget.
- Managing the new business process when new scripts come in – sending reels / bios / managing agency / client calls – and overseeing the production and creative of pitches.
- Working with the creative team to produce effective pitches and deliver a creative sales pitch in a professional manner to work towards winning the job.
- Bidding projects / overseeing bids and being aware of final budget analysis on all jobs completed in NJA.
- Effectively assembling and managing teams of artists and producers as per the requirements of each job / crew up effectively.
- Overseeing and leading London operations and production staff and interfacing with the Director of Operations and Director of Finance to maintain and manage NJA processes and expenditures. This will be in the framework of a weekly finance meeting with UK accountant + US team, where accounts payable are run through and approved.
- Having knowledge of the NJA finance system (NIM) as all jobs will need to be reported and logged – however this will be trained in handover and is simple to pick up.
- Overseeing PR for any new jobs that are released (on linkedin / instagram / David Reviews)
- Have knowledge of Wiredrive to create and edit showreels (this can also be trained)
- Knowing how to use software such as excel / slack / zoom /
Desired within the candidate:
- To be self motivated and ambitious in driving new business through the company.
- To be a team player and happy to fit in with the current team and have fun at the same time as working
- Someone ambitious, business-minded and production-savvy.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working across both live-action and post production, and be comfortable talking about new business to both agencies and brands.
We are a small team (ECD Aidan Gibbons) and PA (Amelida Celepija), we have a wonderful office in Angel and bring a calm and positive approach to all the work we do.
Here is a recent article on the launch:
All applications should be submitted via email to [email protected]. Friday March 10th 2023. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. The application must contain:
- Cover Letter / Email addressing your suitability for the position and interest in working with NJA
- CV (including a list of your credits: brand / company / director / producer).
- Salary Expectation
Terms & Conditions of Employment:
- Starting date: Ideally Start of April (for part time handover) Full time starting 2nd May.
- Contract duration: 7 months, fixed term contract, full time.
- Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
- Location: UK, London.
** Deadline Friday 10th March 2023 **