We are looking for a Directors Rep to join us at Somesuch.
This is a pivotal role at the heart of our team. As Directors Rep you will work closely with our Head of Sales and Exec. Producers to bring in new opportunities for our roster of world-renowned directors across commercials and branded content.
You will play a key role in the advancement of each director’s career. We are looking for someone with the drive to build meaningful working relationships with our roster and support Somesuch in its ambitions for the development of our directing talent.
You will need to have a genuine love of film, art, advertising, music, fashion, and photography.
Previous experience in a sales or talent management role in advertising, music, fashion or production would be beneficial. However, we are open to hearing from anyone who feels they can bring relevant experience, contacts, and a passion for the above aspects of visual culture to the role.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Building contacts in the advertising industry – making new connections and nurturing existing relationships with advertising agencies;
- Developing direct-to-client and branded content opportunities;
- Proactively working to bring in the most exciting creative opportunities across commercials and branded content for our roster of directors;
- Presenting new work and director reels to existing and prospective agency, brand and client contacts;
- Creating showreels appropriate for incoming director enquiries and working to cross-sell alternative Somesuch talent for an incoming brief where necessary, and
- Drafting and sending mailers to clients, agencies and other industry contacts.
- Regular communication (meetings/emails/calls) with all directors;
- Proactive engagement in the development of each individual director’s career progression;
- Sending out incoming enquiries to directors, and
- Staying alert to new and emerging unsigned directing talent.
- Working alongside our Head of Marketing to continue to build the Somesuch name in industry press;
- Seeding new commercial work out to relevant industry/trade press, and
- Keeping abreast of industry and ad agency news and communicating this internally.
Events, Awards and Festivals:
- Working alongside our Head of Marketing and Head of Sales to plan and host external company events eg; screenings, parties and dinners;
- Managing entries for industry awards and festival submissions;
- Expanding and developing industry award and festival connections, and
- Attending industry events, awards and festivals on behalf of Somesuch.
- Liaising with our Head of Marketing and EPs to ensure all new work is added to our website, Wiredrive, director reels and social media channels where appropriate, and
- Sharing new work with our team internally and with partner production companies globally.
This role is London-based.
Salary: To be discussed individually based on experience.
To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected], with ‘Directors Rep’ as the subject.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd June.
Somesuch is one of the leading production companies in the world, delivering progressive, award-winning commercials, music videos, branded content and films globally.
Established in 2010 by co-founders Sally Campbell, Tim Nash and Nick Gordon, Somesuch rapidly rose to international recognition, building a reputation for producing award-winning work for high-profile clients including Facebook, Libresse, Apple and Nike.
Somesuch consistently triumphs in the world’s leading awards and festivals including The Academy Awards, Cannes, D&AD, The British Arrows, Ciclope, AICP, MTV, UKMVAs, and BAFTA. The company has won ‘Production Company of the Year’ numerous times, and recently, ‘Production Company of the Decade’ as voted by UK’s Campaign Magazine.
Most recently, the company won the Oscar for ‘Best Live Action Short’ at the 2022 Academy Awards. Somesuch is proud to produce groundbreaking short films, documentaries and narrative-led cinema, with recent premieres at Tribeca, Raindance, BIFA, Palm Springs and Clermont-Ferrand.
As a company, Somesuch has a long-term commitment to sustainable production models and improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industry. Somesuch has a global network with offices in London and LA and represents Serial Pictures in the UK.