Posted on October 4, 2017
Director’s Assistant (Creative Researcher)
The Sweet Shop Films, London is looking for a Director’s Assistant (Creative Researcher) to join our busy office. You will work closely with our roster of director’s, helping them create beautifully designed commercial treatments for pitches originating from the London office.
On a day-to-day basis you will work with our directors, adapting to their varying styles and tastes to see visual research and treatment design through from briefing to submission. This is will include organising and managing any freelance DA’s where necessary.
Other daily tasks may include making changes to our website, managing our work archives as well as monitoring and filing job hard drives. You will also be required to generally assist the friendly and busy team in the office with technical support.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in creating commercial treatments preferred, but we are also open to keen graduates.
- A well natured individual who is comfortable communicating with the team in the office, as well as communicating via email, phone or Skype with directors based around the world.
- Technically proficient in the use of key Adobe software including InDesign and Photoshop. Illustrator, Premiere and Encoder would also be very beneficial.
- An excellent eye for great imagery and design, with an ability to adapt to multiple different styles.
- Good treatment layout capabilities using Adobe Indesign.
- Experience in video file handling and editing.
- A keen interest in film, the advertising industry and photography, with an ability to find great image references at request.
- An understanding of video file handling and editing.
Starting early November. If you think you are a suitable candidate please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]