Closing: September 30th 2021
Posted on August 26, 2021
Creative Researcher & Pitch Designer
Creative Researcher & Pitch Designer
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Direction focuses on the production of work from concept to delivery for any screen, leaning on The Mill’s visual effects legacy to create both live-action and digitally crafted work.
We represent and roster over 40 directors worldwide across our London, Berlin, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles locations. This homegrown roster of talent covers an extensive and eclectic list of specialities, from design, animation and visual effects oriented work, to projects that lean into live-action, talent direction and emerging technologies.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Creative Researcher and Pitch Designer to join the Mill Direction team in our London studio.
In this role you will work closely with our Directors, to research and design high-level treatments and pitch documents, with the opportunity to input into the creative process sharing your ideas and knowledge of art, photography, and design.
- Assisting our roster of Directors and Creative Directors with their creative pitches.
- Working within the VFX, Brand Partnerships & Mill Direction teams.
- Creating engaging pitches, director’s treatments, capabilities decks.
- Visual research of pictorial and film references for pitches and creative development of ongoing projects.
- Collaborating with other Mill pitch team members to ensure each pitch is serviced to the highest quality.
- General maintenance of the Mill pitch team central-server folders.
- The ability to work flexibly on occasional projects with strict deadlines.
- Previous experience assisting directors is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite software: InDesign, Premiere. Adobe Illustrator and After Effects are beneficial but not essential.
- Creative writing and copywriting are beneficial but not essential.
- Experience with other creative layout software is essential: Keynote, Google Slides, Readymag.
- Strong communication skills – with both senior & junior members of staff.
- The ability to discuss creative briefs with directors & combine experience to create the very best response.
- Knowledge of film, photography, art, design & general cultural trends and paradigms.
- A creative drive & general interest in the creative worlds of art, fashion, film, photography & advertising.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines.
Please follow the link to apply: https://smrtr.io/5N-Vy
Please review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying or would like to find out more about our recruitment process, please contact [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist.
At The Mill, we want to work with the best people and we want them to have a great career with us. We will make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond to help people shine and enable them to show us their skills and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the needs of a diverse workforce. We will offer flexible working practices and make relevant workplace adjustments for employees who need them to be at their best.