Closing: December 1st 2018
Posted on November 8, 2018
Creative Development Executive
We are a global music agency that believes in the social value of music – and how it connects people, triggers memories and simply blows your mind. From offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo and the North Pole, we create music for the world’s leading advertising agencies, brands, media and technology companies. We also develop music strategies for brands, provide music search and licensing services, create innovative activations, scout new talent – and throw a massive party every once in a while.
As passionate music lovers, we feel privileged to list music in our LinkedIn profiles. Alongside our day jobs, most of us play in bands or play around with DJing. In fact, our CFO is a drummer in a riot grrrl group, one of our Account Managers is a sassy saxophone player – and after reaching 100 million streams in Spotify our Strategy Director just embarked on a world tour. So whether it’s song sheets or spreadsheets, the perfect pitch or the perfect advertising pitch, we know music – and the business of music.
We are currently looking for a remarkable and enterprising individual to generate sales opportunities from both new and existing brand clients.
Skills and requirements
Always eager and hungry. Enterprising, efficacious and effective. You are a magnet. People are drawn to you because you are interesting. And when you’re not interesting, you are interested in listening to other interesting people. You’re our director of first impression.
You have pin-sharp focus, quick wit, a charming persona and you see the connection between people and possibilities. As a Creative Development Executive, your main responsibility is to pro-actively generate opportunities from both new and existing clients. You are accountable for both the collaboration with the client and the final result. Excellent relationship management is crucial to success. Your credibility and likability are key.
You are aware of our reputation, our image and our competitiveness. Second to this, you know how to behave in order for opportunities to come our way. Always understanding how to get straight to the decision maker. Always anticipating the next move.
You finished a school. Preferably with a higher education from a real university. In addition to a degree, you have that ‘something’ that no curriculum can teach. Intelligence, street smarts – ability to deal with people from all walks of life. We prefer you’re no stranger to the branding industry and you have a great network of contacts to really hit the ground running.
Oh, and let’s not forget the most important thing: you have music in your veins. You know it. You love it. Maybe you play it too.
- Your primary focus will be to generate work directly from brands in the UK. You will gain new clients from cold contacts whilst also maintaining those that are warm.
- You will work closely with the Director of Growth to research the market and prepare new business strategies. You will strive to achieve and surpass set objectives and will challenge yourself and the team to raise the bar a little higher every time.
- You will plan sales trips and meetings, being creative in finding ways to reach (new) clients and stay on top of their mind.
- We know that your brain capacity is the size of the ocean, but we also know that staying on top of all important projects in the pipeline is tough. Therefore, you will be responsible for working with Salesforce and keeping your CRM and sales data upto date.
- You will work in close collaboration with the global communications department, ensuring all your sales materials are up-to-date and relevant.
- Regular reporting will be to the Director of Growth, UK Managing Director and UK Head of Branding.
- Socialising is a key part of the role and you will attend a planned number of industry events that are both local and international.
MassiveMusic London office located in Shoreditch.
12 month-contract leading to renewal or permanent. Full-time.
Salary based on experience. Participation in the annual bonus scheme. Company pension. A bunch of musically infused individuals to work with.
Want to join the band?
Please send your CV and a short cover note explaining (in no more than 300 words) why brands should think about how they sound to [email protected] with subject heading: Creative Development Executive 2018.