Back to all jobs
As an artistically and technically knowledgeable leader, this role oversees and is accountable for long-term facility planning and implementation of an efficient and effective pipeline that allows artists and you to focus on creating the highest quality images while working within an established production timeframe and budget all along with building out our CG team.
Please send all applications to [email protected]
- Crafting CG images to the highest standard across a wide variety of projects, both short and long form
- In charge of career development, performance evaluation, performance management, mentoring, and coaching for direct reports
- Develops production tools and techniques designed to meet the goals of the studio for both current and future projects
- Participates in the bidding process and strategizes on technical approach for all shows and commercials
- Work effectively with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer to accurately estimate work-load and resources in creating production budgets, scheduling, and assigning tasks whilst strategizing on the best technical approach for all shows and commercials
- Acts as an escalation point for Supervisors and Production Management to resolve conflicts; ensures limited resources are effectively utilized and artists efficiently tasked by matching artist skill set to assignment
- Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the facility
- 6 to 8 years of proven leadership and management experience in a leading VFX company or associated industry
- At least 10 years experience as a CG artist
- Highly experienced Maya generalist with expert knowledge of the full CGI pipeline.
- Track record of working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Advanced knowledge of workflows/pipelines in a typical post production environment
- Expertise in general compositing principles
- Creative, excellent communicator, good team player
- Self-motivated problem solver, driven and passionate about creativity and design
- Strong concept development and ability to create impressive style frames
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of lighting and rendering in Houdini
- On set experience
Jam VFX is an independent central London VFX studio.
We design, craft and deliver high-end visual effects for Commercials, Broadcast, TV, Film & Content.
We are a tight knit team and we love what we do!
Jam VFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
🕘 Core hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
📄 Contract: Permanent
💰 Salary: Dependent on experience
🌍 Location of Work: Hybrid working from our Angel/Islington Studio