Closing: December 15th 2023
Posted on November 21, 2023
Coffee & TV are seeking a Junior 2D Assistant to join our incredible 2D team in their London office.
This is a Junior role ideal for someone who is a Runner or Technical Assistant in a Post Production facility with some 2D experience already, or a 2D Assist looking to join an exceptional team and develop your skills and career.
In the role of 2D Assistant we will help you gain a thorough understanding of post production workflows while you work alongside our Senior 2D Artists, VFX supervisors and Creative Directors. You will be required to prep incoming projects, managing settings, conforming edits, taking on additional work such as the mark-up and export of shots for rotoscoping and tracking. Whilst assisting your Senior 2D artists on jobs your main task will be to master and deliver final approved edits, clock, add legals, and QC final edits with potential client attends.
- Initial conform of media and assets, prepping 2D projects, timelines, archiving and restoring 2D projects.
- Assist the 2D Artist with various additional work on projects including rotoscoping and mark-up for tracking etc.
- Creation of, and meticulous QC for review and final deliverables files making sure outputs meet visual and technical integrity standards.
- Providing deliverables to client and/or Broadcast/Online/Clearcast trafficking and distribution houses according to client and legal specifications.
- Archiving and Backing up of 2D projects.
- Additional responsibilities will arise and differ on a project to project basis and the 2D Assistant will need to be able to adapt to new project environments.
- An understanding of ACES and Rec 709 workflows, file formats, resolutions, frame rates, colour spaces, codecs and encoding systems.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Flame/Nuke workflow
- Familiarity with Photoshop, After Effects and other Adobe Creative Suite applications a bonus.
- Proficiency with Linux, Mac and Windows Operating Systems
- Clear communication skills
- This is a Hybrid role, there will be requirements to attend the office for client attended sessions and all hands company meetings.
- Alignment with company values of LOVE, TRUST, COLLABORATION, BELIEF AND EXCEPTIONAL
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to [email protected]