Job Description: New Business at Optical Arts
Freelance, Part time: 2 days per week.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus commission based bonus .
Optical Arts is a London-based creative studio, founded by photographer and director Dan Tobin Smith. The team combines experience and expertise across film production, direction, photography, animation and design. Together we explore new ways to tell visual stories, applying innovative ideas and techniques to live action, digital, print and installation. We work collaboratively with brands, agencies and creative partners to create unique work, from idea conception to delivery.
We are looking for someone who resonates with the creativity, aesthetic and diverse approach to visual practice that is at the core of Optical Arts. Our studio is still in its infancy and requires a strong, energetic person to help generate new relationships and opportunities. You should have a solid understanding of advertising, production and creative media; an interest in art, design and photography would be a bonus. The ideal candidate would come onboard having had relevant experience in a similar role and have established contacts in the advertising space.
Job Description: New Business
- Working with the senior creative team to identify clients they’d like to target and devising a strategy to achieve that ambition.
- Confidently present the work through online channels, decks and bespoke reel creation.
- Utilise existing relationships within advertising agencies, in-house agencies, brands, platforms and broadcasters additionally.
- Initiate and maintain new relationships; directly approaching potential clients, identifying the right people at these companies and devising the best way to engage with them.
- Building brand awareness and improving the presence of Optical Arts’ work across media and visual arts publications.
- Increase script and project flow, leading personal and company communication approaches.
- Championing Optical Arts within the industry; presentations, meetings, events etc
- Work together with the CD’s and EP and wider team to develop ideas, share leadsand utilise relationships and opportunities.
- Maintaining and updating a client database with contact information and pertinentnew business information.
- Promoting the work amongst relevant industry publications/websites.