Closing: June 21st 2021
Posted on June 7, 2021
TITLE: Accounts Assistant
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller
We are looking for an ambitious and proactive Accounts Assistant to join our small finance department at our growing post production London studio. You will work closely with our Financial Controller and COO to maintain the smooth running of our finance department. You will be knowledgeable in accounting processes and be a naturally people-oriented person. We are looking for someone who can exercise discretion but also be quick to flag issues to our Leadership team.
● Working with the Financial Controller in preparing the financial data in Sage 50 for monthly financial accounts.
● Entering banking information in Sage and reconciling all accounts (including Euro & Dollar accounts).
● Reconciling monthly credit card statements.
● Managing petty cash and Runner floats.
● Producing sales invoices from Ceta and Sage and sending them to clients.
● Collecting and processing all purchase invoices and receipts, allocating to projects and departments.
● Tracking client billing on projects and ensuring the Production team chases and invoices for all confirmed bids.
● Managing collections, chasing clients and AP departments for timely invoice payments.
● Dealing with supplier and customer payment queries.
● Compiling and reviewing the quarterly VAT return.
● Processing all staff and director expenses.
● Responsible for maintaining organised records of all paperwork and invoices.
● Supplying new vendor information and account set up for clients.
● Completion of statutory surveys in relation to Electric Theatre Collective.
● Budgeting and collating weekly pay runs.
● Review all nominal entries for department and project accuracy at month end.
● Assisting with annual audit tasks
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
● Proficiency in Sage is essential, experience with Xero also desirable.
● Previous experience in a similar bookkeeping role is desirable, or having completed an accounting relevant foundation course or taken some accountancy exams, for example, ACCA, CIMA, AAT or QBE. Study support is offered as part of this role.
● Must be organised and a good communicator. Adept at showing attention to detail and a natural problem solver.
● Interest in working within a fast paced post production studio
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line including the role you are applying for.