Posted on January 2, 2020
Lead VFX Artist
Job Spec // Lead VFX Artist
Reporting to – Producer
Contract type – Fixed term, part-time (minimum 1 year) Deadline for applications – 6th January 2020
Just So is an independent studio founded in 2007 with a vision to create work that shapes culture and that audiences value and want to spend time with.
At a time when traditional advertising is being rejected, we take a different approach, and put earning attention over interruption, helping our partners harness culture and create content that builds trust and relevancy.
We believe in keeping the thinking and making together so we can shepherd an idea from start to finish and our studio brings together teams across Strategy, Creative and Production to achieve this.
We are a team of hard working, passionate individuals who together are making something special. Watch this (PW – justso) for a glimpse into working at Just So.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Lead VFX Artist to join our East London studio on a part-time, fixed term contract for a minimum of 1 year. This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and have a real impact on a growing business.
Working on a new client in the sports world you will be working as part of a team of producers, editors and self shooters to create films for this exciting platform and social channels (Including; feature content, docs, challenges, BTS, archive edits, promo reels, training reels and best of compilations). This role will be working solely on a sports project, a passion for cricket is a big bonus!
Working into a Producer, you thrive making high quality motion graphics at a fast pace. You will be the lead motion design voice and be expected to take briefs and ideate from scratch as well as improve on existing assets. You push work to be the best it can be and ensure everything is ‘Just So’.
You will be a key member of the team, working particularly closely with designers and editors. You will be passionate about the work we create, and relish the opportunity to be a part of it.
Independent, creative and fiercely organised, you must be comfortable managing priorities and enjoy delivering tangible results.
- Leading all motion design aspects of content creation for a national sporting organisation
- Producing high quality motion graphics and other VFX for various video content (feature content, docs, challenges, BTS, archive edits, promo reels, training reels, best of compilations)
- Advising Producers/Editors on timings and complexity of VFX work
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 6 years experience working in a production environment
- Fluent in After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Mocha and Cinema 4D knowledge required
- Davinci Resolve a bonus
- Strong creative eye and aesthetic
- Ability to juggle heavy workloads and keep projects on track
- Passionate and enthusiastic about content in all its forms and the future of the creative industry
- A proactive attitude with proven track record of making things happen
- Conscientious, positive, energetic, trustworthy and reliable!
- A strong interest in cricket!
To apply please send [email protected] your cv and little bit about why you would be a great fit for the role.